FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Contact: Brian Liskai
By Brian Liskai
WAYNESFIELD, Oh. - Vienna, West Virginia's Cale Conley held off Craig Mintz to score his first ever All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST 410 Championship Series Presented by Ohio Logistics win Tuesday, July 3 at the Summer Sprint Sizzler at Waynesfield Raceway Park. While Conley led all 30 laps, the victory wasn't easy as Mintz, the current series point leader and a two-time FAST champion, closed quickly the last four circuits to finish right on the rear bumper of Conley's Dave Jessup owned sprint car.
"I had a feeling someone was there. They are never easy. I'm living the absolute dream...not many guys can say they are living their childhood dream and I'm one of them. I have to thank the man up above and thank Mother Nature for not raining on us today. What a cool thing...my fiancée is here and she's pregnant so if it's a boy we might have to him Wayne," Conley said beside his Merchant Services LTD/All Star Performance/PPC Powder coating/Brookville Auto Parts/Duncan Oil backed machine.
Mintz, from Gibsonburg, Ohio, will walk away with an expanded FAST point with his runner-up finish aboard his Eagle Ignition Leads/Real Geese Decoys/Design Graphics Group/KS Sales & Service/Anjulina's Banquet Hall/Linder's Speed Equipment backed #09.
"We will take it. We weren't any better than that 7K car. We were just creeping there, creeping there, creeping there. It was one of those deals where you get into second and you're in the cat bird seat but it just didn't work out. I want to thank Waynesfield. I enjoy racing here," Mintz said.
Dalton, Ohio's Lee Jacobs ran through the first half of the race after setting quick time during qualifications and settled for a third place finish aboard the Simcox Grinding and Steel/Amanda J. Lewis Attorney At Law/DAC Vitamins and Minerals/Wings Unlimited backed #81.
"We had a really really good race car. That first caution my right foot started getting ice cold then my leg then my leg started getting cold...we had a heck of a fuel leak. I started taking it easy and making sure I didn't get all the way out of the gas going into the corners so we didn't get any back firing," Jacobs said.
Fremont, Ohio's John Ivy has a lot of top five finishes in 2018 but none for a win. That changed Tuesday as he powered to his first win in the JLH General Contractor FAST 305 Championship Series Presented by Engine Pro. Ivy, aboard the C&N Construction Supplies/Ginnever Trucking/L&R Farms/SMS Racing/Rohr's Lawn Care/Mr. Appliance/Kistler Racing Products/Kercher Engines/Sonny's Machine & Welding/Dave Story Equipment Repair/MRE/Tiffany's Furniture/Linder's Speed Equipment/North Coast Asphalt/Atkinson Farms backed machine, led all 25 laps for the victory. However, Ivy didn't gain many points toward the FAST title, as Jamie Miller, who came into Tuesday's race having won four straight series races, finished third in the A-main.
"We've been pretty good here. We won this race last year and this year we have a lot of seconds. We got to start up front and that helped. I have to thank everyone on this team. They had this thing locked down tonight. With lapped traffic there...you don't know what to do when you run up on them that quickly. I know I got bottled up there a little bit and I knew I had to get going," Ivy said.
Conley and Jacobs brought the field to green for the 30-lap FAST 410 A-main with Conley gaining the advantage. Conley maintained a car length advantage over Jacobs and Mintz while Shawn Dancer, Stuart Brubaker, Chris Andrews and 15th place starter Cap Henry - who scored the Summer Sprint Sizzler win in 2017 at Waynesfield - battling hard for fourth.
Conley caught the back of the field with 10 laps scored but neither Jacobs or Mintz could close. Meanwhile the huge crowd were entertained by the battle four fourth between Brubaker, Dancer, Andrews, Tyler Gunn and Henry. The first caution flew at the half-way point when DJ Foos executed a 360 spin and Dan McCarron spun to avoid him.
With a clear track Conley pulled away from Jacobs as Mintz now had his hands full with Henry and Andrews. Jess Stiger brought out the second and last caution of the event on lap 17 with the running order Conley, Jacobs, Mintz, Henry, Andrews, Gunn and Brubaker. When the green flew so did Conley with Mintz driving into second on lap 19 with Jacobs holding off Henry, Andrews, Gunn and 18th starter Cole Duncan who had experienced mechanical woes in qualifying.
Conley closed on the back of the field again with four laps to go and Mintz quickly closed to within half a car length while Jacobs, Gunn, Henry and Duncan battled for third. Conley picked his way through traffic and held off Mintz for the win. Following Jacobs were Henry, Gunn, Duncan, Andrews, Jac Haudenschild, Brubaker and Dancer rounding out the top 10.
In the FAST 305 A-main Ivy and Miller brought the field to green with Ivy gaining the upper hand over Miller, Dustin Stroup, Kyle Capodice and Bobby Clark. Ivy began to pull away as Miller was forced to fend off Stroup with Capodice moving into fourth and Seth Schneider taking fifth.
With 10 laps to go in the non-stop 25-lap feature, Ivy was battling heavy lapped traffic and Miller and Stroup closed quickly. Stroup took second with five laps to go and was within a car length of Ivy who was hung up on a couple of lapped cars. Ivy was able to slip by the lappers and drove to the win over Stroup, Miller, Clark, Capodice, Schneider, Tyler Street, Kyle Peters, Dustin Rall and Matt Lucius.
Randy Hannagan took his second NRA Sprint Invaders victory of the weekend while Austin Powell dominated the mini-sprint A-main.
The JLH General Contractor FAST 305 Championship Series Presented by Engine Pro will be back in action Friday, July 6 at Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio. The All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST 410 Championship Series Presented by Ohio Logistics will be in action Saturday, July 7 at Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio.
About the FAST Championship Series:
The FAST Series was started as a way to promote the great racing fans have enjoyed in Northwest/North Central Ohio at Attica Raceway Park and Fremont Speedway – thus the FAST acronym stood for Fremont Attica Sprint Title. Over the past couple of years the series has expanded to include other tracks and is now known as simply the FAST Championship Series.
Those who are seeking additional information regarding the 2018 All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST Series presented by Ohio Logistics, or the 2018 JLH General Contractors FAST ‘305’ Series presented by Engine Pro, can do so by logging on to the official online home of the FAST Series at www.fastondirt.com. Be sure to stay updated on everything FAST related and ‘Like’ FAST on Facebook at fb.com/fastondirt and follow FAST on Twitter at @FASTseries.
FAST On Dirt, Inc. would like to thank the following contributors to the 2018 FAST Series point fund: All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads, Ohio Logistics, JLH General Contractors, Engine Pro, Kistler Racing Products, Engler Machine & Tool, CP-Carillo Pistons, Design Graphics Group Inc., SCS Gearbox, Reebar Die Casting, Hoseheads.com, Level Performance, Young's RV Centers, Gressman Powersports, Hoserville Ohio, Jon Wright’s Custom Chrome Plating, Fremont Fence, Baumann Auto Group, Fricker’s, Goofy Golf, NAPA Auto Parts, Hoosier Tire, UNOH, Welty Financial Services, EZ Shop, US Army, Weld Racing Wheels, Joe and Fran Darmofal and the Pub 400 of Fremont
About JLH General Contractor:
Based in Fremont , Ohio and owned by long-time racing supporter Jon Horn, The JLH Co. LLC is your one-stop for custom home remodeling, plaster restoration, and drywall installation services. Their dedicated craftsmen will help you build the home you want out of the house you have. You can also trust JLH for construction services, including garages and pole barns. JLH also provides custom siding, roofing and window installation. Visit for more information
About Engine Pro
Engine Parts Group, Inc. the parent of Engine Pro was founded in 1989 by independent engine parts distributors looking for a way to work cooperatively in buying and marketing. Today it functions as both a distribution network for brand name internal engine parts and as a specialty engine parts producer, marketing under the Engine Pro name. Engine Pro sells exclusively to engine builders, machine shops and jobbers. As part of our tradition of specializing in distributing engine parts to engine professionals, Engine Parts Group now serves more than 12,000 customers from 36 distribution centers. Engine Pro products high performance engine parts and the line continues to grow with the frequent addition of new parts and applications. Engine Pro brand products are designed to offer the highest quality in high performance parts along with a moderate price to give racers and performance engine builders a more affordable way to do what they do best—win races. Find the nearest Engine pro distributed at enginepro.com.
Waynesfield Raceway Park
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Starting position - [*]
FAST 410 Sprints -
1.81-Lee Jacobs, 10.896; 2.4H-Cap Henry, 10.909; 3.23-DJ Foos, 10.924; 4.20i-Kelsey Ivy, 10.943; 5.7K-Cale Conley, 10.967; 6.1-Nate Dussel, 10.968; 7.49-Shawn Dancer , 11.061; 8.16-Chris Andrews, 11.073; 9.68G-Tyler Gunn, 11.074; 10.9Z-Duane Zablocki, 11.099; 11.09-Craig Mintz, 11.223; 12.35-Stuart Brubaker, 11.234; 13.6-Jac Haudenschild, 11.310; 14.22M-Dan McCarron, 11.379; 15.19-Mitch Harble, 11.391; 16.8M-TJ Michael, 11.419; 17.12-Kody Swanson, 11.466; 18.2-Ricky Peterson, 11.488; 19.2L-Landon Lalonde, 11.561; 20.42-Ty Tilton, 11.614; 21.8J-Jess Stiger, 11.850; 22.83-Adam Cruea, 11.865; 23.4X-Bradley Ashford, 11.872; 24.12H-Luke Hall, 11.886; 25.96AU-Bruce White, 11.915; 26.22-Cole Duncan, 13.828;
Heat 1 - (8 Laps, top 5 to A)
1. 49-Shawn Dancer  ; 2. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 3. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 4. 6-Jac Haudenschild ; 5. 8M-TJ Michael ; 6. 20i-Kelsey Ivy ; 7. 83-Adam Cruea ; 8. 96AU-Bruce White ; 9. 2L-Landon Lalonde
Heat 2 - (8 Laps, top 5 to A)
1. 09-Craig Mintz ; 2. 16-Chris Andrews ; 3. 7K-Cale Conley ; 4. 4H-Cap Henry ; 5. 12-Kody Swanson ; 6. 22M-Dan McCarron ; 7. 22-Cole Duncan ; 8. 42-Ty Tilton ; 9. 4X-Bradley Ashford
Heat 3 - (8 Laps, top 5 to A)
1. 35-Stuart Brubaker ; 2. 68G-Tyler Gunn ; 3. 19-Mitch Harble ; 4. 12H-Luke Hall ; 5. 8J-Jess Stiger ; 6. 2-Ricky Peterson ; 7. 1-Nate Dussel ; 8. 23-DJ Foos
B-Main 1 - (10 Laps, top 5 to A)
1. 1-Nate Dussel ; 2. 20i-Kelsey Ivy ; 3. 22-Cole Duncan ; 4. 23-DJ Foos ; 5. 22M-Dan McCarron ; 6. 2-Ricky Peterson ; 7. 83-Adam Cruea ; 8. 96AU-Bruce White ; 9. 2L-Landon Lalonde ; 10. 42-Ty Tilton ; 11. 4X-Bradley Ashford
A-Main 1 - (30 Laps)
1. 7K-Cale Conley ; 2. 09-Craig Mintz ; 3. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 4. 4H-Cap Henry ; 5. 68G-Tyler Gunn ; 6. 22-Cole Duncan ; 7. 16-Chris Andrews ; 8. 6-Jac Haudenschild ; 9. 35-Stuart Brubaker ; 10. 49-Shawn Dancer  ; 11. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 12. 23-DJ Foos ; 13. 19-Mitch Harble ; 14. 22M-Dan McCarron ; 15. 8M-TJ Michael ; 16. 12-Kody Swanson ; 17. 8J-Jess Stiger ; 18. 12H-Luke Hall ; 19. 20i-Kelsey Ivy ; 20. 1-Nate Dussel
F.A.S.T 305 Sprint Cars - JLH Company General Contractors
1.26-Jamie Miller, 11.787; 2.77I-John Ivy, 11.822; 3.4*-Tyler Street, 11.893; 4.21-Dustin Stroup, 12.020; 5.12-Kyle Capodice, 12.075; 6.97-Kyle Peters, 12.094; 7.9R-Dustin Rall, 12.136; 8.8-Bobby Clark, 12.168; 9.36-Seth Schneider, 12.189; 10.7M-Brandon Moore, 12.310; 11.47-Matt Lucius, 12.359; 12.25-Matt Russell, 12.631; 13.01-Dustin Hammond, 12.695;
Heat 1 - (8 Laps)
1. 12-Kyle Capodice ; 2. 26-Jamie Miller ; 3. 4*-Tyler Street ; 4. 36-Seth Schneider ; 5. 9R-Dustin Rall ; 6. 47-Matt Lucius ; 7. 01-Dustin Hammond
Heat 2 - (8 Laps)
1. 77I-John Ivy ; 2. 21-Dustin Stroup ; 3. 8-Bobby Clark ; 4. 7M-Brandon Moore ; 5. 97-Kyle Peters ; 6. 25-Matt Russell
A-Main 1 - (25 Laps)
1. 77I-John Ivy ; 2. 21-Dustin Stroup ; 3. 26-Jamie Miller ; 4. 8-Bobby Clark ; 5. 12-Kyle Capodice ; 6. 36-Seth Schneider ; 7. 4*-Tyler Street ; 8. 97-Kyle Peters ; 9. 9R-Dustin Rall ; 10. 47-Matt Lucius ; 11. 01-Dustin Hammond ; 12. 25-Matt Russell ; 13. 7M-Brandon Moore
K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders
1.7C-Phil Gressman, 11.016; 2.22H-Randy Hannagan , 11.127; 3.28H-Hud Horton , 11.195; 4.85-Dustin Daggett, 11.232; 5.5M-Max Stambaugh , 11.241; 6.2F-Matt Foos, 11.282; 7.49-Shawn Dancer , 11.288; 8.23-Devon Dobie , 11.299; 9.B20-Butch Schroder, 11.401; 10.11-Tim Allison , 11.420; 11.12-Kody Swanson, 11.493; 12.17-Jared Horstman , 11.509; 13.24-Kobe Allison, 11.535; 14.33M-Matt Westfall, 11.556; 15.34-Luke Hall, 11.616; 16.4-Danny Smith, 11.750; 17.37-Noah Dunlap, 11.824; 18.5W-Jeff Williams , 11.836;
Heat 1 - (8 Laps)
1. 7C-Phil Gressman ; 2. 49-Shawn Dancer  ; 3. 85-Dustin Daggett ; 4. 11-Tim Allison  ; 5. 4-Danny Smith ; 6. 24-Kobe Allison
Heat 2 - (8 Laps)
1. 22H-Randy Hannagan  ; 2. 23-Devon Dobie  ; 3. 5M-Max Stambaugh  ; 4. 12-Kody Swanson ; 5. 33M-Matt Westfall ; 6. 37-Noah Dunlap
Heat 3 - (8 Laps)
1. B20-Butch Schroder ; 2. 17-Jared Horstman  ; 3. 2F-Matt Foos ; 4. 28H-Hud Horton  ; 5. 5W-Jeff Williams  ; 6. 34-Luke Hall
A-Main 1 - (25 Laps)
1. 22H-Randy Hannagan  ; 2. 7C-Phil Gressman ; 3. 11-Tim Allison  ; 4. 49-Shawn Dancer  ; 5. 33M-Matt Westfall ; 6. 85-Dustin Daggett ; 7. 23-Devon Dobie  ; 8. 28H-Hud Horton  ; 9. 34-Luke Hall ; 10. 12-Kody Swanson ; 11. 2F-Matt Foos ; 12. 5W-Jeff Williams  ; 13. 37-Noah Dunlap ; 14. 24-Kobe Allison ; 15. 4-Danny Smith ; 16. 17-Jared Horstman  ; 17. B20-Butch Schroder ; 18. 5M-Max Stambaugh 
AMSA Mini Sprints - Performance Powder Coating
1.93S-Holtt Spitler, 0.991; 2.2S-Brad Strunk, 12.867; 3.65-Chris Bounds, 12.876; 4.17P-Austin Powell, 12.973; 5.88-Tayte Williamson, 12.981; 6.4-Andrew Heitkamp, 13.195; 7.44-Ron Coleman, 13.226; 8.14D-Nick Daugherty , 13.295; 9.81H-Anthony Haas, 13.332; 10.328-Becca Stiefel, 13.491; 11.22K-Justin Kirk, 13.533; 12.22B-Brad Racer, 13.633; 13.41J-Jeremy Powley, 13.635; 14.31-Jac Nickles, 13.686; 15.7X-Taylor Cox, 14.285; 16.90-Matt Freeman, 14.361; 17.21B-Ryan Barr, 14.414; 18.6X-Adam Schmenk, 14.739; 19.X-Andy Martin, 15.286; 20.11J-James Moore, 16.211; 21.50-Marty Spitler, 17.735;
Heat 1 - (8 Laps)
1. 328-Becca Stiefel ; 2. 17P-Austin Powell ; 3. 44-Ron Coleman ; 4. 90-Matt Freeman ; 5. X-Andy Martin ; 6. 41J-Jeremy Powley ; 7. 93S-Holtt Spitler
Heat 2 - (8 Laps)
1. 14D-Nick Daugherty  ; 2. 2S-Brad Strunk ; 3. 22K-Justin Kirk ; 4. 31-Jac Nickles ; 5. 21B-Ryan Barr ; 6. 11J-James Moore ; 7. 88-Tayte Williamson
Heat 3 - (8 Laps)
1. 65-Chris Bounds ; 2. 81H-Anthony Haas ; 3. 22B-Brad Racer ; 4. 4-Andrew Heitkamp ; 5. 7X-Taylor Cox ; 6. 6X-Adam Schmenk ; 7. 50-Marty Spitler
A-Main 1 - (20 Laps)
1. 17P-Austin Powell ; 2. 328-Becca Stiefel ; 3. 2S-Brad Strunk ; 4. 44-Ron Coleman ; 5. 81H-Anthony Haas ; 6. 31-Jac Nickles ; 7. 4-Andrew Heitkamp ; 8. 22B-Brad Racer ; 9. 21B-Ryan Barr ; 10. 41J-Jeremy Powley ; 11. 7X-Taylor Cox ; 12. 6X-Adam Schmenk ; 13. 90-Matt Freeman ; 14. 22K-Justin Kirk ; 15. 50-Marty Spitler ; 16. 65-Chris Bounds ; 17. 88-Tayte Williamson ; 18. 11J-James Moore